A Classy Christmas (and why I love my 35mm lens)

I pulled a ham out of the refrigerator on Christmas Eve. Aaron passed it during the day and was upset. "We have to order pizza like we did last year," he explained.

Remember last year? When we went to the zoo, got home too late to make dinner and ordered pizza? I was oblivious to the fact that that was the beginning of a Christmas Eve tradition. But it sounded fantastic, so I was happy to comply. I don't like ham that much anyway.

5:00 rolled around and we set off to get our pizza. Only no one wanted pizza anymore. No one. So I told my boys to name their favorite food and we could either make it or buy it. I should have known they would have wanted McDonald's happy meals. Curse them and their dang toys!

One hour later we were sitting around our table eating fast food by candle light. My boys with their happy meals, and me with my Arby's french dip sandwich and curly fries. How classy are we?
And guess what? We are going to do this every single year because our boys were in heaven. And I think it will be fun to see how it evolves over the years. One day I'm sure they will be requesting homemade cinnamon rolls or steaks from Outback. I am going to enjoy the Happy Meals while they last!

We had a small family night where we talked about Christ and bore testimonies. The boys exchanged their gifts and opened their pajamas and we all cuddled up and watched Home Alone.

Aaron and I waited for the big man in red to show up and I sneaked upstairs to grab a picture of my boys sleeping in the same room. (Something they don't normally do). Luke popped up after I had taken a picture and then plopped back down and went back to sleep.

(Okay people. Everyone is always surprised when I tell them the 35mm 1.4 L lens is my favorite lens. The next pic shows why!)Christmas was wonderful. Slow paced, with presents, a yummy breakfast, and visits with a few friends.
We even woke up the next morning to snow! Church was canceled and the day turned into Christmas take 2. Hooray!
(The pic on the left is another shot at 6am with my 35mm lens)

I hope your Christmas was a happy one!

tara  – (January 5, 2011 at 1:12 PM)  

oh my word. i can't handle the picture of lukey sitting up with the lights around him.

Joel Galbraith  – (January 7, 2011 at 9:27 PM)  

I don't care how cute you think it is. I say Happy Meals on Christmas Eve is not a family tradition worth starting! You can still break the cycle. You can do it!

Lesley  – (January 9, 2011 at 8:04 AM)  

Magic. Pure magic (happy meals and all).

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.

If you have any questions, I will answer them in the comments or e-mail you individually.

Thanks for reading!

Melissa

About This Blog

All images by Melissa E Photography are protected under copyright law. Reproductions of any kind are strictly prohibited. Melissa E Photography reserves the right to use images for display, publication and promotional purposes of its business. All images remain the property of Melissa E Photography.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP