Today

Today..

...my boys played with eachother for 40 minutes this morning before coming to get me in my room. For the THIRD time this week. This is uncharted territory people. I have had a little person pulling on me every morning (before 7am usually) for the past 5 1/2 years! Children who entertain themselves/dress themselves/ feed themselves breakfast without needing mom? Holy Moley, it's strange. And nice. With a little side of STOP GROWING UP SO FAST!!!

...my boys were beating on each other. I sent them to their rooms, but then had the brilliant idea to put them in each other's rooms and make them clean up each other's messes. Why have I not thought of this before? I have two clean bedrooms and two happy boys right now. Hooray! Now I'm kind of hoping one of them starts misbehaving. I have some toilets that need to be scrubbed.

...I'm still reeling from watching Inception last night. My mind was officially blown. And my dreams were beyond wild last night.

...I finished up our annual family video. Here she is for your viewing pleasure.
(embedded video)

Untitled from Melissa Englebright on Vimeo.


After doing slideshows for both of my extended families for Christmas, I am going on an iMovie hiatus.

...I am trying not to cringe every time I look at Luke's hair. Our haircut yesterday was going along swimmingly, until he decided it would be fun to try and karate chop my hand every time I snipped at a lock of hair. His hair went from looking long and blonde...
to a new bad haircut that looks short, dark(er) and oh so grown up. Parker even got upset and said that Luke doesn't even look like Luke anymore. After I heal from the emotional trauma I will post a picture of the new short do. Maybe. Or he might be wearing a hat for the next 3 months.

Happy 2011! I hope yours is off to a happy start!

Joelle Einerson –   – (January 14, 2011 at 12:00 PM)  

I remember you outside the married ward church building in Ephraim after sacrament meeting telling somebody you were expecting. Was that really 5 1/2 years ago???? Where did the time go, Melissa?? Your boys are adorable and seeing them grow up is so fun because you found out you were expecting about the same time I got married. Now my little ones are growing up way to fast too and it makes me feel old!! Thanks for your refreshingly real and quirky perspectives on life.

Lindsay  – (January 14, 2011 at 6:03 PM)  

BEAUTIFUL, as usual. :) I can't wait to see Luke's haircut.

Tiff Keetch  – (January 15, 2011 at 10:27 AM)  

Love it. I think you've inspired me to add an annual slideshow to my list of projects. :)

Emily  – (January 22, 2011 at 6:48 PM)  

This movie made me miss you and ache for your little boys like they're mine, when I hardly know them! Let know next time you're coming out this way! Bless you and your freaking cute family and your rocking photography skills.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.

If you have any questions, I will answer them in the comments or e-mail you individually.

Thanks for reading!

Melissa

About This Blog

All images by Melissa E Photography are protected under copyright law. Reproductions of any kind are strictly prohibited. Melissa E Photography reserves the right to use images for display, publication and promotional purposes of its business. All images remain the property of Melissa E Photography.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP