Operation Sunflair

I admit it. I am having a love affair with back light and sun flair. It's so romantic and gives a feel to a picture that nothing else can. I LOVE it.

Tonight my boys and I went to the park and I decided to experiment with shooting into the sun wide open. (at f/1.4 on my 50mm lens).

(And let's face it.. after reading Parker this book and hearing him trying to convince Luke that he should be a dog all afternoon, we needed a break!)

Two things that I learned:

#1. It's dang hard

#2. I still stink at self portraits



(note to self: give boys a haircut!!)


I'd love to see your sunflair and back lit experiments. E-mail me or comment if you have some to share!

AlliSMiles  – (August 24, 2009 at 6:48 PM)  

I love it, too! I just posted one from an engagement session (it's SOOC, don't judge). But I'll be posting more later this week :)

allismiles.blogspot.com

Lesley  – (August 25, 2009 at 8:16 AM)  

These look great! Sun flare is something I've been trying to master for a while now, and thanks to this little reminder I'll have another go :)

And I think you've got mad skills to capture that self portrait with a 50mm lens. I usually just end up with one eyeball and the top of my head. Well done.

AlliSMiles  – (August 28, 2009 at 1:30 PM)  

Hey--just wanted to let you know that I happened to choose the same Blu template as you for my website, but dind't realize it was the same one until after I chose it. Hope it doesn't bother you. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.

If you have any questions, I will answer them in the comments or e-mail you individually.

Thanks for reading!

Melissa

About This Blog

All images by Melissa E Photography are protected under copyright law. Reproductions of any kind are strictly prohibited. Melissa E Photography reserves the right to use images for display, publication and promotional purposes of its business. All images remain the property of Melissa E Photography.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP