Shhhh! (Durham family photographer)

I am the worst secret keeper. The WORST! Every single time I have bought a present for Aaron that is supposed to be a surprise, I crack on day one.

Imagine my dismay when Kellie called me and explained that she wanted to kid nap her neices and nephew, do a photo shoot, and surprise her sister (Darcy) with the pics on Christmas. Christmas! Do you realize how far away that is?

Well, I loved the idea and we started planning. I figured I would be able to keep a secret for once in my life, since I had never met Darcy.

Guess who I sat next to during my book club last week? Guess who I chatted with for an hour? Darcy! Well, you know me and secret keeping. Every single thing we were talking about led to a conversation in my head about my impending top secret photo shoot.

"Oh, you lived in Germany?" (I bet you got some awesome pictures there. Speaking of pictures...)
"Don't you love living by your sister now?" (Well, I happen to know that your sister loves that you live here too.. in fact she just bought you a photosession-with ME!)

Man-oh-man I was a mess. But I didn't crack. Kellie I owe you one. I think I just had a breakthrough!

Also, I owe you for bringing these umbrellas.
The best jumping picture I have ever taken







Merry Christmas!
(And to all of you who know Darcy.. SSHHHHH! If I can keep a secret, you can too!)

Holly O.  – (October 26, 2009 at 8:40 PM)  

Adorable!!! Aren't you a little nervous Darcy is going to look you up though? And see this post? Apparently NOT!

Englebright  – (October 27, 2009 at 4:20 AM)  

I thought the same thing, Holly. But Kellie assured me that Darcy never ever gets online. She hardly checks her e-mail! I envy a girl with no dependence on the internet.

Kellie  – (October 27, 2009 at 6:39 AM)  

Hooray! Love them and I can't wait to show the kids. Who, apparently, have been able to maintain the secret. I don't have a concern about my sister seeing these. She truly is not a internet surfer. And has many a friend still waiting to get an email from her. Thanks Melissa for braving the rain!

Amy  – (October 27, 2009 at 7:57 AM)  

As always, you've done a fabulous job! And what a great idea for a Christmas gift. I predict tears of joy and love when she opens her present.

Amy and Clark  – (December 14, 2009 at 5:41 PM)  

I am really supposed to be grading right now but am having MUCH more fun looking through all your amazing photos. Love the Boden kids and the Preece baby shots!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.

If you have any questions, I will answer them in the comments or e-mail you individually.

Thanks for reading!

Melissa

About This Blog

All images by Melissa E Photography are protected under copyright law. Reproductions of any kind are strictly prohibited. Melissa E Photography reserves the right to use images for display, publication and promotional purposes of its business. All images remain the property of Melissa E Photography.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP