Strep Through Makes me Loopy

My eyebrows and I had the pleasure of meeting Carey and her family last weekend. We have been blogging friends for couple of years (is that right, Carey?) and I could not WAIT to meet her. And after spending two days in a strep induced coma, I was extra jazzed to shower my crusty self and make an appearance to the outside world. (unfortunately brow plucking was last on the list of to-dos).

I didn't think it was possible, but Carey was even cuter and sweeter than I pictured.


Now let's see... what happened after these pics? Oh yes. This is when I realize my keys are in my camera bag which is locked in my trunk. Faaaaantastic. We improvised, and I drove with Carey's entourage while frantically coming up with a plan for key retrieval in my head. (My husband was gone, and my kids were at my mom's.. I knew the plan would be tricky). Her family could not have been more kicked back about the whole ordeal.

I laughed so hard when I looked at their jumping pictures. I think they totally show off their fun personality. Look at Cal's poses (on the right). Disco? LOL!

The C fam drove me to my apartment and I got out of the car feeling like a 12 yr. old being dropped off from a babysitting job. How's THAT for professionalism?

How did I get back to my car? I'll tell ya.

Now in the 3.5 years I have lived here, I have never cleaned my sliding glass doors. That is, until last Saturday when I got the random urge to clean those bad boys. It's a good thing God sent that little prompting because that unlocked door was the only way I could get back into my apartment!

My friend Leanna (bless her heart!) drove me back to my car and I was able to go collect my kids at my mom's.

Carey and Co, you are the BEST! Thanks for being so kicked back!

Unknown  – (April 6, 2009 at 3:54 PM)  

Love them! They turned out so cute! Carey's family is so cute. Love it.

Heather  – (April 6, 2009 at 5:56 PM)  

Melissa-

I hope this comes out right...but your pics just get better and better! I am so impressed! I love your eye and creativity! What a fun family to work with. Take care!

Hannah S  – (April 6, 2009 at 9:15 PM)  

Love the primary colors.
Yes, you are brain damaged. I feel miserable so I can't believe you did this so sick!

carey  – (April 6, 2009 at 10:20 PM)  

OH MY GOSH!!! I love them I love them I love them, Melissa!!!! You are just fantastic in so many ways! :-) Those jumping pics make me laugh too (who knew Cal was into disco?..and Liam's straight little legs?..and Ty's neck disappearing?...LOL! Awesome!). Thank you so very much. It was wonderful finally meeting you! Thanks again for putting up with us!

kristin  – (April 7, 2009 at 8:24 PM)  

I LOVE them! what a cute family, and you are truly a wonderful photographer!

PS - Carey, I love your hair in these pics!

PPS - Mel - glad you cleaned your sliding glass door!

Laura  – (April 8, 2009 at 3:37 PM)  

Caray has the cutest fam! She is rockin the green shoes! Great job Melissa!!

Sarah  – (April 10, 2009 at 8:34 AM)  

Carey is so fun! And SO cute! I love the pictures you took. THe first one is my total favorite! Love how the parents are out of focus in the background!

Anonymous –   – (January 7, 2010 at 8:35 AM)  

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.

If you have any questions, I will answer them in the comments or e-mail you individually.

Thanks for reading!

Melissa

About This Blog

All images by Melissa E Photography are protected under copyright law. Reproductions of any kind are strictly prohibited. Melissa E Photography reserves the right to use images for display, publication and promotional purposes of its business. All images remain the property of Melissa E Photography.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP