A Day in the Felt Family's Life (Lehi Family Photographer)

Christina and I became fast friends a couple of years ago after I accidentally flung a piece of BBQ'd meat into her purse.

Last December, as I started tossing around the idea of doing sessions in my client's home, I pictured Christina. I pictured her warmth, her depth, her sweet kids and her colorful house which is jam packed with charm.

I called Christina a couple of weeks ago to talk about our session and was pleased as punch to discover that her vision matched mine perfectly.

"I want you to follow us around and capture what we do every day," she said.

And we did just that.


I told Sam to go pick out his favorite dress up outfit and he picked a BEAUTIFUL pink dress. I told him to pick his 2nd favorite outfit and we ended up with this.

Something tells me this photo would have lost its effect if he was wearing a dress. :)






This is one of my new favorite pictures. We decided to take pictures of Christina with her baby. And this is what we ended up with. Every mother in the world can relate to this!







Thanks Felt Family!

Hannah  – (June 21, 2010 at 6:54 PM)  

these are so beautiful, Mel! I really need to reserve you the next time you are in town. please??

these pictures are amazing. you captured them perfectly.

Wendy  – (June 21, 2010 at 8:31 PM)  

Melis, you are truly gifted! I loved these photos so much.

michael. mindy. dane.  – (June 21, 2010 at 9:49 PM)  

Beautiful. You are SO good at capturing the moment. So good. I love this style. I want it. I mean...I want pictures like it. These are fabulous. You do good work, lady!

Geoff Steurer  – (June 22, 2010 at 5:48 AM)  

You make home life look like it feels - poetic. Reminds me of my favorite magazine: www.seeingtheeveryday.com

The Preece Family  – (June 22, 2010 at 6:48 AM)  

You're so rad...I'm checking off another Melissa E Photo blog post as a huge success! :) (oh, and I love the color of your friend's chairs.) :)

Kim –   – (June 22, 2010 at 1:18 PM)  

Obviously someone wasn't closing their eyes during the prayer...cough...Melissa...cough

Lindsay  – (June 23, 2010 at 8:25 AM)  

Kim, you make me laugh! Though, I was going to say that out of all the fantastic pictures, I think the one of the little girl praying over her waffles is my favorite. You somehow captured the quietness of the moment...and the quiet example of her father... love it!

Englebright  – (June 23, 2010 at 9:49 AM)  

Kim, not only did I keep my eyes open, I was the one to suggest the prayer in the first place.

I couldn't believe that the kids didn't even peek as I was snapping away. That takes more willpower than I have!

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

carey  – (June 27, 2010 at 5:17 PM)  

LOVE these! Great family & great photos, Melissa! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.

If you have any questions, I will answer them in the comments or e-mail you individually.

Thanks for reading!

Melissa

About This Blog

All images by Melissa E Photography are protected under copyright law. Reproductions of any kind are strictly prohibited. Melissa E Photography reserves the right to use images for display, publication and promotional purposes of its business. All images remain the property of Melissa E Photography.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP