Good light, poodle hair, and baaad tan lines.

Last weekend I was lucky enough to escape to the beach with my family and some friends. I didn't dare bust my camera out on the first day, but we went to the beach at dusk and snapped a few pictures. I loved that the blues and grays of the ocean and sky made for a great blank canvas. I could have shot here all night long.

My family, the beach, AND amazing light? PLEASE! It doesn't get any better than that!


I got my haircut. The jury is still out as to whether I like it or not. Feel free to weigh in. Unless you think it looks like a poodle. If that's the case, then you can kindly keep your thoughts to yourself. :)






Aaron and I are working on a little booklet entitled, "How NOT to apply sunscreen." (And I thought my tan lines were bad BEFORE we went to the beach.)
Notice Aaron's poor red feet?

Happy Monday everyone!

Kathleen  – (June 28, 2010 at 5:56 AM)  

I for one, like your spunky-totally-fits-you hair! And I LOVE the picture of you and Luke with stripey-kisses (referring to the shirts with the stripes of course)!

Mrs. Walker  – (June 28, 2010 at 8:07 AM)  

These are beautiful! You are amazing Melissa. Keep up the fantastic work. I love the perspective of your shots, and you're right, the colors are fantastic. Well done! (Like the hair, btw. Not poodlish at all).

michael. mindy. dane.  – (June 28, 2010 at 11:46 AM)  

Once again...amazing! I can't say it enough. You have serious talent, lady! The one of you and Luke is my fav. PS, are you ever going to answer my question about cringing at people's snap shots?

Unknown  – (June 29, 2010 at 4:50 AM)  

Those are so cute! I love the one of you and Luke and the one of Ash and Sarah. Looks like you guys had fun!

the rutledge's-  – (June 29, 2010 at 5:13 AM)  

Mel- love the pics! Now I can see that the last one is Eliza, I guess I just missed that when I looked before. :)

Tiff Keetch  – (June 30, 2010 at 11:20 AM)  

Holy smokes woman! Everytime I visit this little 'ol blog of yours I'm more amazed at your talent. The photos are amazing! (I LOVE that one of Parker with the dock in the background.)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.

If you have any questions, I will answer them in the comments or e-mail you individually.

Thanks for reading!

Melissa

About This Blog

All images by Melissa E Photography are protected under copyright law. Reproductions of any kind are strictly prohibited. Melissa E Photography reserves the right to use images for display, publication and promotional purposes of its business. All images remain the property of Melissa E Photography.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP